Nov 9, 2011

Potato Sabzi (Potato Roast)


DSC_0552
Ingredients
  • Potatoes – 6-8 medium sized
  • Oil – 1/4th cup
  • Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
  • Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
  • Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
  • Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
  • Corriander powder – 1 tb.sp
  • Sugar – 1/4 tsp
  • Salt – To taste
  • Cilantro – for garnish (optional)
Process
  1. Boil and peel the potatoes and chop them into cubes.

    DSC_0536
  2. Add Turmeric, asafoetida, chilli powder, corriander powder & salt to the cut potatoes. Mix it well.

    DSC_0540
  3. Now heat oil in a pan and let the cumin seeds splutter. Add the potatoes.
  4. Cook it on medium heat for half an hour stirring occasionally till it becomes crisp.
  5. Sprinkle the sugar and the chopped cilantro (optional) and serve it with hot rice or rotis.
My take on it.
  • I feel potatoes are gods gift to vegetarians. Whenever I am in a dilemma I just boil the potatoes and make this. My daughter loves this and so do I. In fact I rarely know anyone who doesn't like potatoes..
  • It’s easy to make and tastes delicious. You can make it spicy if you like spicy food and the cilantro is optional. I just love the flavor of  fresh cilantro.
  • As a variation you can also add olive oil.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shubha, this Potato Roast looks just perfect. I'm ready to eat this delicious subzi right away with some phulkas or puris. Like you I love to add Cilantro as well. Keep up the good work. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete